Tuesday, November 17, 2009

When Ovaries Attack

Last night, I was working on my Powerpoint presentation for my workshop at the Tahuti Lodge when I received a surprise attack from my own uterus.

It was, by far, the most painful experience of my life.

Menstrual cramps make you feel like your body is trying to kill you, anyway. It's the addition of this IUD though...that felt like my own normally sweet and gentle uterus called up my sciatic nerve and invited her over for blow and Twister. I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

I know a lot of Witches struggle with birth control. Hormones give me anxiety attacks. The IUD seemed like a great idea as I wouldn't have an artificially regulated cycle and wouldn't have to remember to take a pill. But this damn thing is trying to kill me I think. Last night was so bad that I couldn't even get off the couch to get more codeine out of my purse. (I finally did, though--as the need for pain pills will surpass all.) Then, I curled up on my couch and cried and googled "Signs of Miscarriage" as things were so bad, I wondered if I'd gotten knocked up and was knocking it out without knowing it. I wasn't. But I did wonder.

I also attribute this attrocity to having a Dark Moon period this month. I release every third lunar cycle, so every few months, I bleed on a Dark Moon. Dark Moon periods are....darker. All menstrual times release whatever bad juju we're carrying from our systems, and coming during a banishing time just after I lead a banishing ritual for N.O.W., I must have had to let something nasty and demonic go.

No bleeding yet, so I await with baited breath and a refill of my prescription of Tylenol 3. I may just have to chuck this thing and go back to condoms alone.

In other news, my deposit in the Magickal Garbage Can at Samhain seemed to have worked! I said I wanted to minimize distractions. Now, I no longer am able to piggyback on my neighbor's internet. Sometimes, Magick sucks.

No comments: