Sunday, October 4, 2009

Banishing

Someone asked me this morning about doing a banishing spell and "if that would be right," thinking as how we're supposed to "Harm None."

Don't even get me started on the fact that it's impossible to truly harm none. At this moment, anyway, I'm not going to go into it.

Now, as for this banishing business.

There is NOTHING wrong with doing a banishing spell. You are banishing someone from your life, not from the planet. Imagine spell work as being akin to something you'd do in physical life. There is no harm in asking someone to leave your life if they are harming you. It wouldn't be good to kill the person or physically harm them, unless self-protection called for it. Therefore, doing a banishing, "Leave my life" is on the same karmic level as asking a toxic person to leave your house.

My last banishing was for my former Priest and lover. I'd pretty much got all of his shit out of my house, save one ring he gave me. I stuck it on the base of a white candle--after carving his name into it and dipping it in banishing oil. If you can find sage oil, that's a good one to use. If you don't have sage oil or something you can use for banishing, dip the candle stick (not the wick, of course) in salt water; preferable sea salt if you have it. Get rid of anything and everything the person has given you. If you simply can't part with an item, ritually wrap it in a black garbage bag and ritually "throw it away", even if you put it elsewhere for safekeeping for a time. Sweep your house, try to get all of the person's hair and DNA out. You don't need this person in your life anymore. Make them leave.

This Magick Service Message has been brought to you in part by Neksa, Whom I paid a visit to this morning. When I came out of the meditation, I finished crying the chest full of tears I'd been working on since Thursday. I also smashed a pile of c.d.s with a hammer. Did you know c.d.s do not break with a hammer? I believe they require the tires of a car.

No comments: