Friday, January 30, 2009

Every morning, I avoid doing what I'm supposed to do.

Which is meditate.

About a year and a half ago, Pan told me in a meditation to calm the fuck down.

This is a bad sign, when the God of debauchery tells you you're out of control.

He was right. I was.

I was given three simple instructions.

1.) Pray every night.

2.) Meditate every morning.

3.) Quit caffeine.

It took me awhile, but I kicked the caffeine. I've always prayed every night. I liked the idea of meditating every morning. But getting up in the morning is sooooo hard! Particularly this morning, when the radiators were on hiatus but the electric blanket was doing just fine.

Someone told me he thought meditating in bed counted. I said, "Not for me. They know me too well."

I just go back to sleep.

I did make it to the altar this morning and did take at least a full minute to clear my thoughts and embrace the coming day. I'll try tomorrow for two minutes.

No comments: